My Study Series Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community from around New Zealand.

My Study Series Forums General Discussion How do I pay someone on Venmo?

• How do I pay someone on Venmo?

Posted by goldie on April 11, 2024 at 10:53 pm

Are you tired of juggling credit cards, bank accounts, and payment methods when making transactions? Imagine a world where you can effortlessly pay for purchases, split bills with friends, and conquer the realm of financial transactions with a single tap. With Venmo balance, that world becomes your reality. No longer bound by the limitations of traditional payment methods, you can embrace a new era of financial freedom.

So, how does it work? It’s simple. By maintaining a balance in your Venmo account, you gain the ability to make payments directly from your balance, without the need for a linked credit card or bank account. It’s like having a digital treasure chest at your fingertips, ready to be utilized whenever you desire. In this article, I’ll show you how to use your Venmo balance to pay instead of card or bank account.

How To Use Venmo Balance?

Using Venmo balance is straightforward. However, first things first, you’ll need to check whether you’re eligible for using the Venmo balance.

To do so:

1. Go to the Me tab
    2. Check the Wallet section

If you see Venmo Balance at the top of the screen, this means that you can use money in your Venmo account for payments.

If you don’t see Venmo Balance, you’ll need to verify your identity in order to use your balance for payments.

Can You Pay With Venmo Balance?

Yes, you can pay someone with Venmo balance. In fact, it is the preferred payment method on Venmo. To pay with your Venmo balance, simply select it as your payment method when making a purchase. You can do this by following the steps in my previous answer.

Here are some benefits of using your Venmo balance to pay:

• It is convenient and easy to use.
    • You don’t have to worry about overdraft fees.
    • There are no fees for using your Venmo balance to make payments.
    • You can earn rewards for using your Venmo balance.

How to pay someone on Venmo?

There are two ways to pay with your Venmo balance:

1. Through the Venmo app
    2. Open the Venmo app.
    3. Tap the Pay button.
    4. Enter the recipient’s name, amount, and note (optional).
    5. Tap Next.
    6. Under Payment Method, select Venmo Balance.
    7. Tap Pay.
    8. Using a Venmo QR code
    1. Open the Venmo app and tap the Scan button.
    2. Scan the merchant’s Venmo QR code.
    3. Enter the amount and note (optional).
    4. Tap Next.
    5. Under Payment Method, select Venmo Balance.
    6. Tap Pay.

If you don’t have enough Venmo balance to cover the entire purchase, you’ll need to add more money to your balance or use a different payment method.

Important things to note:-

• You can only use your Venmo balance to pay to other Venmo users or merchants that accept Venmo.
    • You cannot use your Venmo balance to withdraw cash from an ATM or to transfer money to a bank account.
    • There are no fees for using your Venmo balance to make payments.

How To Use Venmo Balance Instead Of Card Or Bank Account

To use your Venmo balance instead of your card or bank, simply select your Venmo balance as your payment method when making a purchase. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Open the Venmo app or website.
    2. Tap or click the “Pay” button.
    3. Enter the recipient’s information and the amount you want to pay.
    4. Tap or click the “Payment Method” drop-down menu and select “Venmo Balance.”
    5. Review your payment and tap or click the “Pay” button.

If you have enough Venmo balance to cover the purchase, Venmo will use your balance to pay for it. If you don’t have enough balance, Venmo will prompt you to add money to your balance or use a different payment method. You can also use your Venmo balance to make in-store purchases at merchants that accept Venmo QR codes. To do this, simply open the Venmo app and tap the “Scan” button. Then, scan the merchant’s Venmo QR code and follow the instructions on your screen to complete the purchase.

Final Thoughts

Yes, you can pay with your Venmo balance. It is the preferred payment method on Venmo and has several benefits, such as convenience, no fees, and rewards. To pay with your Venmo balance, simply select it as your payment method when making a purchase.

goldie replied 3 weeks, 2 days ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.